Being confident in Microsoft Word is essential for anyone who either works or aspires to work in an office environment, and this course will equip you with all of the word processing skills needed to ensure you can take on any office role with confidence.
Those wishing to pursue a secretarial or PA role, as well as those interested in academic report writing or a career within office administration or office management.
Aims and Objectives:
Pitman Training’s MS Word course is designed to provide you with the essential skills you will need to be proficient in Word, in a work environment. You don’t need any prior experience of Microsoft Word, but you will need to be familiar with using a computer and the Windows environment.
Microsoft Word 2013 is the most recently released version of this popular word processing program, and this course will give you the most up to date skills, as well as assisting you in taking the Microsoft Office Specialist test (MOS) exam.
Your studies will cover the basics – from starting Word and inputting text to formatting your text and documents using columns and advanced page layouts as well as WordArt, text boxes and tables. You will also learn how to use templates, themes and styles to produce consistent professional documents.
This is a self-study programme, so you can choose to learn at your own pace, with support and encouragement provided by our friendly course advisors when you need it.
Familiarity with the Windows environment and basic keyboarding experience.
- Lesson One: Starting Word 2013, opening a document, keying in, selecting and editing text, navigating, backstage view, printing, hiding/minimising the ribbon, saving and closing a document, Word Help.
- Lesson Two: creating/opening a document from a template, customising and saving the document, document views, showing formatting marks, deleting page breaks, formatting text including using text effects and typography, text alignment, repeat, clearing formatting; click and type.
- Lesson Three: spelling and grammar, Word Options, thesaurus and research pane, translating text, showing/hiding rulers, margins, line and paragraph spacing, opening recently used documents, working in multiple windows, undo and redo, creating a folder, saving a file with a different name and format.
- Lesson Four: Using AutoCorrect, building blocks, inserting date and time, modifying a field, tabulation, deleting building blocks and AutoCorrect entries.
- Lesson Five: Moving and copying text, format painter, using keyboard shortcuts, searching for text, finding and replacing text, finding and replacing formatting.
- Lesson Six: Indenting text, bulleted lists, numbered lists, multilevel numbering, formatting numbering levels, defining new bullets, drag and drop, setting indents, copying text between documents.
- Lesson Seven: The navigation pane, Resume Reading, page breaks, text flow options, page numbers, headers and footers, section breaks, page orientation, printing selected pages, restoring settings.
- Lesson Eight: Creating a table, formatting contents, text direction, AutoFit, inserting and deleting rows and columns, resizing rows and columns, selecting parts of a table, applying borders/shading, using the border painter, show/hide gridlines, inserting space above a table, merging/splitting cells, calculations, repeating header rows, distributing rows and columns evenly, converting text into a table, applying number in a table sorting, table styles.
- Lesson Nine: WordArt – formatting, aligning, moving and copying, shape styles and effects, text styles and effects; Text boxes – drawing and formatting, using preformatted text boxes; Shapes - drawing, formatting and grouping, adding text and effects; Pictures - online and saved pictures, correcting and adding artistic effects, text wrapping; Forms – creating a form, page background colour, columns, watermarks.
- Lesson Ten: Applying, modifying and creating styles, navigating headings in the navigation pane, templates, themes, saving documents in different formats.
- Learn how to use this popular word processing program
- The flexibility and value of a self-study course designed to enable you to work at your own pace
- A personalised workbook to use as a reference guide on completion of the course
- The opportunity to gain the widely recognised Pitman Training Certificate
Course duration: 24 hours
Call Now : 01 840 4075