Those who wish to gain an understanding of the concepts and processes involved in marketing.
Familiarity with Word and the internet.
To give an understanding of how marketing departments plan and execute marketing strategies.
- Lesson One: – Including: Understanding what a marketing plan is for; how to research a product for marketing purposes; how to carry out market research; qualitative and quantitative research; questionnaires; customer profiles.
- Lesson Two – Including: How websites are designed to market the company and the product; working with search engines; using keywords to increase internet presence; using social networks as a marketing tool; different ways to advertise online; email marketing; mobile marketing; monitoring the effectiveness of search, website and social media marketing; convergent technology.
- Lesson Three – Including: The AIDA formula for effective advertising; the use of colour, images and text in advertising; how advertising encourages the customer to take the next step; why and when companies use flyers; elements of an effective flyer; why and when companies use news releases; key elements of an effective news release; writing a news release; how news feeds work in social networking; effective television and radio advertising.
- Lesson Four – Including: The four Ps of marketing products; the lifecycle of a product; product placement and pricing strategies; how companies promote the brand; the importance of brand loyalty; careers in marketing, and how to get started in this sector.
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of how products and companies are marketed effectively.
- The flexibility and value of a self-study course designed to enable you to work at your own pace.
- A workbook to use as a reference guide on completion of the course.
- The opportunity to gain the widely recognised Pitman Training Certificate.
Course Duration: 8 - 10 hours